THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Are you afraid of setting new goals because you can never stick to them? However, you now know what to do to lose weight, to eat more balanced and healthily, to gain muscle mass ...
The knowledge is indeed there, but ... the motivation is lacking! Rest assured, thanks to this article all that is about to change!
Are you familiar with the “ SMART goals” technique ( S pecific, M easurable, A chievable, R ealistic, T ime-bound)? We are going to walk through this technique together to help you and your acquaintances really achieve your goals!
Well defined, clear and unambiguous.
The first step is to answer five questions;
1) What is your real goal?
2) When are you going to devote the time to accomplishing your goal? (for example every Friday, every morning ...)
3) Where can you work on your goals?
4) With whom will you move forward on your goals? Maybe you need to take a step back and do it on your own?
5) Why? Why? Why? Why is this so important to you? The important thing about this last question is to be honest with yourself. Understanding your own motivation is a key step in achieving your goals.
Specific criteria that measure your progress towards achieving the goal.
For this second step, it is about setting indicators, objective benchmarks to measure your progress. The purpose of this step is to keep your goal in sight.
Ask yourself the following five questions to establish your benchmarks and then stick to them. Rigor is required.
1) How could you achieve your goal? How will you know if your goal is successful?
2) What concrete actions will you take on a weekly or daily basis?
3) When will you debrief your progression? When are you going to analyze your benchmarks and know if you are on the right track?
4) How will you adapt your efforts, your work if ever you do not reach the progression planned by your benchmarks?
5) Which benchmarks make the most sense in achieving your goal and why?
Achievable and not impossible to achieve.
Having a goal is great, but you still have to know how to do it. Don't worry, these five questions are there to guide:
1) What is your knowledge of the key steps to reach your goal?
2) Who to contact, consult to obtain the missing information?
3) When do you plan to make time for people who can help you?
4) What do you need? Of time? Material? Of finances? Equipment? Of technology?
5) When are you going to start taking consistent action to reach your goal?
Handy, realistic, relevant to your lifestyle.
Is your goal realistic? Here it is not a question of “thinking that you can do it” but rather of “being able to do it”! Depending on your style and lifestyle, it's important that the steps to achieving your goal are realistic, otherwise you'll quickly find yourself making excuses to let go.
1) How motivated are you to accomplish this goal.
2) What are you willing to give up to achieve this result?
3) Is the final reward greater in your eyes than the possible risks involved?
4) How well equipped are your body and mind to endure the strain?
5) Is the goal consistent with other of your goals and values?
With a clearly defined timeline, including a start date and a target date.
Last and decisive step, plan it all! Take your calendar and set your benchmarks there, you intermediate goal.
1) First cross off all the dates where you are sure you cannot be available for your objective (holidays, periods of absence, etc.)
2) Place all the steps, marks on the calendar.
3) Define days when you will take stock of the progress of your goal (once a month for example).
Thats it. You no longer have any excuses to achieve your goals.
If you found this article useful, then share it with your acquaintances and help them, too, achieve their goals.